George Hughes, CPA
George Hughes, Tax Partner, has 24 years of experience in public accounting, with local and national firms. George has served closely-held businesses in a variety of industries including construction, renewable energy, high technology, transportation and professional services. He primarily works with business owners and start-ups, offering guidance in tax, financial and succession matters.
George's experience includes expertise in Federal and State tax credits and economic development incentive programs. Clients have also benefited from his experience in tax planning with captive insurance companies.
George resides in Washington County with his wife and two children. George enjoys family activities, bike riding, the Oregon Coast, traveling and music.
Education and Licensing
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Business Administration, Accounting, Portland State University (Beta Gamma Sigma honor society)
- Licensed to practice in Oregon
- Continuing education leader, trainer and presenter at industry conferences
Professional and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), Member
- HS&S Construction Industry Team, Member
- Construction Financial Management Association, Former Treasurer
- Austin Family Business Program of Oregon State University,Former Professional Services Committee Member
- Trauma Intervention Program of Portland/Vancouver,Former Board Member and Treasurer
- Software Association of Oregon, Prior Membership Committee
- Multnomah Athletic Club Toastmasters, Prior Officer
- Beta Alpha Psi Honors Accounting Fraternity, Prior Officer